Mac build back to working

David Reiser dbreiser at earthlink.net
Fri Nov 18 00:26:41 EST 2005

On Nov 17, 2005, at 12:51 AM, David Hampton wrote:

> On Thu, 2005-11-17 at 00:23 -0500, David Reiser wrote:
>> The gnucash help system doesn't work for me. If I pick either the
>> Tutorial or Contents from the Help menu, I get nothing. No window,
>> dialog, or console message. Tips of the day work.
>
> You need to check out and build gnucash-docs.
>
> David

Ah yes. And even mentioned in the first couple hundred lines of
README. Sorry about that.

Unfortunately, while building gnucash-docs was relatively painless
(but could the autogen.sh behavior be harmonized with the application
trunk behavior?), I still can't get at the docs.

Is there a maximum version of gnome things compatible with gnucash?
With Yelp 2.12.1 installed, I get:

I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/Users/dbr/.gnome2/yelp-
bookmarks.xbel"

(gnome-help:15230): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_stock_lookup: assertion
`stock_id != NULL' failed

(gnome-help:15230): Pango-CRITICAL **:
pango_font_description_from_string: assertion `str != NULL' failed

(gnome-help:15230): Pango-CRITICAL **:
pango_font_description_from_string: assertion `str != NULL' failed

obviously not directly gnucash problem, but...

If I drop back to yelp 2.6.1, when I pick Topics from the gnucash
Help menu, the help window opens, but is immediately followed by a
dialog saying "There is no default action associated with this
location."

Any suggestions?

--
David Reiser