Mac build back to working

David Hampton hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net
Thu Nov 24 01:49:59 EST 2005

On Fri, 2005-11-18 at 00:26 -0500, David Reiser wrote:

> Is there a maximum version of gnome things compatible with gnucash?
> With Yelp 2.12.1 installed, I get:

> I/O warning : failed to load external entity "/Users/dbr/.gnome2/yelp-
> bookmarks.xbel"

I get this error with yelp 2.10.

> (gnome-help:15230): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_stock_lookup: assertion
> `stock_id != NULL' failed
>
> (gnome-help:15230): Pango-CRITICAL **:
> pango_font_description_from_string: assertion `str != NULL' failed
>
> (gnome-help:15230): Pango-CRITICAL **:
> pango_font_description_from_string: assertion `str != NULL' failed

I get two different CRITICAL errors and one WARNING.

> obviously not directly gnucash problem, but...

:-)

> If I drop back to yelp 2.6.1, when I pick Topics from the gnucash
> Help menu, the help window opens, but is immediately followed by a
> dialog saying "There is no default action associated with this
> location."

For what its worth, I'm running yelp 2.10 on FC4 and both the Tutorial
and Contents menu items yield the correct documentation.  I also have
yelp 2.6.5 in a gnome-2.8 directory under /opt.  It works correctly with
no errors or warnings.

> Any suggestions?

Sorry, no.  I've got the core gnome 2.12 libraries installed in /opt,
but I'm unable to compile yelp 2.12 (because I can't compile one of its
dependencies.)

David