libgsf, goffice and gnucash

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun Nov 20 10:33:55 EST 2005

On Sunday 20 November 2005 3:11 am, Josh Sled wrote:
> I've made the necessary changes on the
> svn+ssh://svn.gnucash.org/repo/gnucash/branches/goffice-update branch.
> I would appreciate some testing, especially from you Neil.  One thing to
> note is that this version initializes (external) goffice correctly and
> thus will display graphs; if you use the `Sample Graphs` report you
> should see 4 graphs (pie, scatter, bar and stacked-bar).

Works like a dream on Debian unstable. Perfect graphs using entirely external
versions of libgsf and libgoffice.

Well done, Josh!

> I'd also love
> some testing on OSX, as I have no idea about that scene.

No good news here, I'm afraid. That AM_LDFLAGS needs more work (duplicated in
a test directory so one of those needs += or similar) and the gnucash build
failed in gnc-module for some reason. Trying to solve that now.

Plus had a problem with gog-radar and fmin. OSX reported that fmin was
declared static duplicating a previous non-static version - not that I could
find such a version. Commenting out the static keyword is a temporary fix.

However, with all the #warning lines commented out, allowing linking against
libgsf and that fix to fmin, OSX did successfully compile libgsf and goffice
from internal code. Just got to work out why if failed later - maybe it's
something already fixed in trunk but which hasn't been merged into the
goffice-update branch.

> I'm still working to get some of the configure.in changes integrated
> correctly; for instance right now it conditionally executes the relevent
> configure.in sections copied from the respective builds, but always
> creates their `config.h` equivalents as well as generates all their
> Makefiles.  The latter isn't much of a problem, but the former means
> that '-I$(top_srcdir)/lib/goffice-0.0.4' is present while compiling the
> whole gnucash source tree, even when the external version is being used,
> which isn't right.  Any pointers on how to do this would be appreciated.

Whilst OSX is trudging through it's build, I can have a look at that from
Debian.

--

Neil Williams