[Gnucash-changes] r12020 - gnucash/trunk - Remove redundant RPC variable

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Nov 22 19:23:54 EST 2005

Quoting Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk>:

> On Tuesday 22 November 2005 11:20 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:
>> Quoting Neil Williams <codehelp at cvs.gnucash.org>:
>> > Remove redundant RPC variable
>> >
>> > -SUBDIRS = file ${SQL_DIR} ${RPC_DIR}
>> > +SUBDIRS = file ${SQL_DIR}
>> > DIST_SUBDIRS = file postgres
>> >
>> > noinst_HEADERS = gnc-backend-api.h
>>
>> You should also remove the --enable-rpc option from configure and
>> make sure the --rpc-server option is removed from the command-line
>> and server operation.
>
> ?? I did. See r12018.
>   gnucash/trunk/configure.in
>   gnucash/trunk/src/engine/gnc-engine.c
>   gnucash/trunk/src/engine/gnc-engine.h
>   gnucash/trunk/src/engine/gnc-filepath-utils.c
>   gnucash/trunk/src/engine/gw-engine-spec.scm

You removed the configure hook but not the commandline handling.
See src/scm/command-line.scm

>> Note:  This /all/ should've probably been in one commit ;)
>
> r12018 is that commit. This one was just a bit of housekeeping - it doesn't
> fix anything or solve anything that was broken, it just takes out one
> redundant variable. It's a no-op.

Sorry, I didn't read the diff, only the commit log message.  I missed
the log message about the configure script.