shortcut for reconcile in gnucash 2.x

Christian Krause chkr at plauener.de
Sat Nov 26 15:41:43 EST 2005

On Fri, 25 Nov 2005 16:33:17 -0500, David Hampton wrote:

> On Sat, 2005-11-19 at 16:39 +0100, Christian Krause wrote:
>> it seems, that the shortcut ctrl-r is bound to Refresh and to Reconcile
>> in the main window with an opened account tree.
>>
>> Please remove the shortcut from one of these menu entries.

> According to the Human Interface Guidelines, <Ctrl>R should be assigned
> to the refresh function, so I removed the assignment of that key from
> the reconcile actions.  However, I just submitted a patch on Wednesday
> that will let you assign your own accelerator keys.  Using r12026 or
> later you can select the "Learn Accelerator Keys" item under the Edit
> menu, assign whatever accelerators you want, then disable the learning
> function by selecting the menu item again.

Ok, that's a good idea and seems to work well. ;-)

Personally I think that there should be shortcut for reconcile as default
setting, because I often use this function (and it is much faster than
searching the entry in the menu). So I would be glad if you decide to add
a shortcut to reconcile as default. Nevertheless the current solution
would be sufficiant for my needs as well.

Best regards,
Christian