gnc-backend-file.c: ERR_BACKEND_PERM too unspecific

Tim Wunder tim at thewunders.org
Mon Nov 28 19:43:42 EST 2005

I don't see where Christian is talking about chmoding a backup file here. I
read this as him getting a warning when saving the data file. A warning that
caused the app to fail, and really wasn't the warning it thought it was (the
file was saved regardless of the warning). Regardless, an app should not try
to chmod *any* pre-existing data file. Sys admins assign file permissions for
a reason. Apps shouldn't attempt to change that willy-nilly...

Of course, I reserve the right to have misread what he wrote ;)

Tim