MediaWiki instead of Trac Wiki?

Chris Shoemaker c.shoemaker at cox.net
Wed Nov 30 16:43:35 EST 2005

On Wed, Nov 30, 2005 at 04:17:22PM -0500, Josh Sled wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-11-30 at 15:59 -0500, Chris Shoemaker wrote:
> > Also, the focus tends toward the setting of the restriction-level
> > since that's viewed as a free-variable, but I want to re-emphasize
> > that lowering the cost of the corrective action is *really* important.
> > Any wiki should be read-only until those mechanisms are well-greased.
>
> Mediawiki has a couple of quick-revert features that're generally
> regarded as very good ... they were forged in the fires of Wikipedia,
> after all.  http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Reverting

Yes, they are very good.  However, I'm surprised there's no multi-page
admin roll-back.  I mean, if the admin wants to roll-back a single
page why not (optionally) roll-back *all* pages last edited by that
user and why not (optionally) ban, or at least temporarily restrict
said user, all in one operation?

I realize these features are over-kill for GnuCash, but for Wikipedia?
Perhaps I over-estimate the volume of wiki-spam.

-chris