MediaWiki instead of Trac Wiki?

Karl Hegbloom hegbloom at pdx.edu
Wed Nov 30 16:46:18 EST 2005

On Tue, 2005-11-29 at 09:55 -0500, Josh Sled wrote:
> It sounds like the Trac-provided wiki isn't really working out, and
> MediaWiki is (relateively) easy to setup, full-featured and well-known.
> I say we try it out, and dereference gnomesupport.org.

If you search on the Firefox extension download site, you'll find two
really cool tools for working with Wiki pages.  One is the Wikipedia
tool bar, and the other is 'save text area' which lets you save a text
edit area to a file, and load it's contents from a file.

I'm thinking of a hack where a daemon or an emacs sub processes watches
for a file to appear, and when it does, calls on 'gnuclient' to open it
for editting.  When the file is saved back, somehow the browser should
notice and load it again.  :-)  I don't know how to do the second part.

--
Karl Hegbloom <hegbloom at pdx.edu>