doubt regarding multi-currency

siva balan siva_btech at yahoo.co.in
Mon Nov 14 07:52:59 EST 2005

Hello ,

   This is siva. I have got a doubt on ur product. it
is as follows, how do u transfer funds between
accounts with different currency. consider the
following scenario,

  the default currency is set as US dollars.then i
have my account hirarchy as follows indicated with the
currency they deal.

-Assets                          (USD)
   -Banks                        (USD)
      -US Bank                 (USD)
      -European Bank        (EUR)
      _Bank xyz              (GBP)
-Equity                          (USD)
   -Starting Balances USD (USD)
   -Starting Balances EUR (EUR)
   -Starting Balances GBP (GBP)

   Here in the above accounts i have certain amount in
them. Now i want to transfer  50 GBP from the Bank xyz
account to the european Bank (EUR) acount. here the
three currencies are playing.
can u please clarify this doubt as soon as possible.
I have set a exchange rate for all currency against
the default currency.So in this case how could i
manage? should i convert the GBP to USD, then again
USD to EUR and post it to the account. It seems
tedious, is there any other way to solve this problem

Please give me a solution as possible,Can u also send
me some sample posting rules

regards,
m.$iva