Gnucash CVS broken again

David Hampton hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net
Sat Oct 1 16:09:55 EDT 2005

Neil,

You've done it again.  You've broken compilation of the gnucash tree.  I
just don't understand how you decide when to commit code.  The following
files do not compile for me:

  src/backend/postgres/*
  src/gnome-utils/gnc-html-graph-gog.c
  src/gnome-utils/gnc-plugin.c
  src/import-export/hbci/gnc-plugin-hbci.c

I can understand postgres and hbci because you don't use those features.
I find it unacceptable, but I can understand how it would happen.  If
you are making systemic changes then you should be compiling *all* of
the sources, not just the parts you care about.  That includes postgres,
hbci, and ofx.

What I can't understand is how the hell you could commit changes to
gnome-utils that don't compile.  That's not optional code, its
fundamental to gnucash.  Its not like the debugging code in those files
was added recently and you forgot to run 'cvs update'.  That code was
added last April and February, respectively.  I'd like to know how were
you able compile gnucash with these files being broken.

David

P.S. What was your reasoning for moving the trace definitions from gnc-
trace.h to gnc-engine.h?  I'm having to add the latter header to source
files that never needed it before, and in fact have nothing to do with
the code in src/engine.