Proposals about gnucash-gnome2

Thomas Bushnell BSG tb at becket.net
Wed Oct 5 17:54:38 EDT 2005

Christian Stimming <stimming at tuhh.de> writes:

> And additionally I would again propose to have a 1.8.12 release,
> because it contains numerous bugfixes which should be released
> (please please :). I would volunteer in the tarball preparation and
> the necessary announcements.

This is a decent idea.  At the moment, there is a gnome-1
destabilization being cleaned up in Debian unstable, and a big
adapt-to-the-new-gcc-4.0 destabilization still being completed.  I
won't be packaging a new upstream gnucash until all that stuff is
done.

That need not affect the decision, but I just want to make sure that,
if it does, y'all got the facts. ;)

> An interesting side-effect of a 1.8.12 release is that we as a
> developer team communicate the fact that we're alive and active and
> caring about the users, all the while such a release is technically
> quite easy for us. And of course the respective announcement can be
> used to communicate the active gnome2 progress.

How many of the users these days get things directly from upstream
maintainers?  I have no idea.