config.rpath, autogen.sh, gettextize, [WAS: test-dom-converters1 failure]

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Fri Oct 7 16:37:12 EDT 2005

On Friday 07 October 2005 9:04 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Quoting Chris Shoemaker <c.shoemaker at cox.net>:
> > More on this: If I do a make dist, and then later rerun autogen.sh it
> > will pick up the configure.in from the gnucash-1.99.0 directory.
>
> Odd.. I've never noticed this problem...

I get that if make dist fails - the dist directory isn't removed and acts like
a sub build. It's often created with read-only permissions too so it can
require 'su' to remove the directory and contents.

It happens on variety of programs if make dist fails.

If make distcheck fails but make dist works, make dist is the quickest way of
removing the directory.

--

Neil Williams