gnome2 and translations (was: Confusion about use of G2)

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Tue Oct 11 05:20:46 EDT 2005

Dear Pawan,

a general introduction on how translation work is done in gnucash can be
found in the file doc/TRANSLATION_HOWTO, online at
http://gnucash.org/trans/TRANSLATION_HOWTO .

In order to use the gnome2-branch of development, you would need to
checkout the branch "gnucash-gnome2-dev" from CVS, i.e.

   cvs -z3 -d :pserver:cvs at cvs.gnucash.org:/home/cvs/cvsroot checkout \
         -rgnucash-gnome2-dev gnucash

and, if you get stuck, follow the instructions from README and HACKING.

However, unless you are somewhat familiar not only with translations but
also with program development in a gnome context, we would probably
recommend to wait a bit more until you really try out the gnome2-branch.
We (the developers) hope to start some alpha-releases maybe in
December/January. Those are intended for testing and also for initial
translation work. They will be clearly announced and people will be able
to use them without having to deal with CVS.

So unless you are already familiar with CVS and gnome development, you
should really wait until we announce new alpha releases of a
gnucash-gnome2 series. Sorry for that.

Christian