Confusion about use of G2

David Hampton hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net
Fri Oct 7 14:03:14 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-07 at 13:47 -0400, Chris Shoemaker wrote:

> Even though budgeting wasn't a 1.8 feature?

Yes.  G2 is not a one for one match up with 1.8.  I changed a bunch of
the stock related code in HEAD before the g2 branch split off, so all
those changes will all be in the next release.  Linas' support for lots
is new in the next release.  I'm sure there are other examples too.

> OTOH, I wouldn't mind committing the code and then just leaving the
> menu item off if we decide to release G2 without it.

That's an excellent idea.

David