G2 on Mac OSX

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Thu Oct 13 13:51:18 EDT 2005

On Thursday 13 October 2005 6:21 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:
> Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk> writes:
> The tarball should be the same on all platforms.

[snip]

> -derek

Any hints on the Scheme problem?

I'd like to be able to run G2 on OSX from this build.

> However, that is not the final problem, the build now completes (make &&
> make install) but the Scheme code won't run. It cannot find it's procedures
> for some reason:
>
> $ ./gnucash --version
> ERROR: In procedure dynamic link:
> ERROR: File not found
>
> Same error happens in make check whenever a test involves guile.

I suspect it could be a problem with the opt-style-install (which nevertheless
is not a problem on any other platform) because the same box is running
GnuCash 1.8 fine. I might try an install from the dist tarball
into /sw/local/ (to not overwrite /sw/bin which is gnc 1.8) but I'm nervous
because the mac holds my main data file. So far I've not had any problems
with the two together, I just hope it stays that way.

(and I don't fancy starting over with a current CVS HEAD checkout for an
opt-style-install of 1.8!)

--

Neil Williams