Compiling on Fedora Rawhide

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Fri Oct 14 10:44:49 EDT 2005

On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 09:57 -0400, David Hampton wrote:
> > The second error I get is:
> >
> > gog-axis.c:1690:58: error: macro "GSF_CLASS_FULL" requires 10 arguments,
> > but only 7 given
> > gog-axis.c:1693: error: syntax error before 'GogAxisType'
>
> There's a mismatch between the version of the goffice libraries that
> gnucash is expecting and what's on your system.  I saw a fix go in for
> this yesterday morning.  When did you last update?

More specifically, the "goffice" library in our source tree uses the
7-argument form of that libgsf-provided macro.  In libgsf-1.12.0 and .1,
this was fine; in libgsf-1.12.2 it's the 10-argument form.  If you can
downgrade to libgsf-1.12.1, then it should compile.

The changes David is referring to are to use the
official/released/external version of libgoffice instead of our copy...
as per talking to Neil about the version debian-unstable has (0.0.3, I'm
guessing), it is currently *mostly* API-compatible with our copy, but
there's no a guarantee of that.

As gnumeric-1.6.0 is now out, I could imagine both more dramatic changes
in libgoffice-CVS and distribution support/stabilitiy for
libgoffice-0.1.0.  I'm not sure how different the GOG API in
goffice-0.1.0 is from that in our "goffice".

I've been needing to better understand and talk to jody about that
macro-change in particular; I'll try to do that today. If the API
difference is small between 0.1.0 and our copy, then I think the "right"
fix is to conditionalize our gnc-html-graph-gog.c to work with either.
If not, then I think the right fix is to specifically, conditionally use
the 10-argument version of that libgsf macro, but to only use our
internal libgoffice copy / never use the external goffice.

There's another option around simply depending on a copy of the
official/released libgoffice rather than the version we have, but I'm
not sure about the state of its depenedencies.  That's another thing
I'll try to round up (and document) this weekend.

...jsled