Compiling on Fedora Rawhide

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Fri Oct 14 15:17:26 EDT 2005

On Friday 14 October 2005 2:57 pm, David Hampton wrote:
> On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 06:13 -0500, Michael D. Wise wrote:
> > gog-axis.c:1690:58: error: macro "GSF_CLASS_FULL" requires 10 arguments,
> > but only 7 given
> > gog-axis.c:1693: error: syntax error before 'GogAxisType'
>
> There's a mismatch between the version of the goffice libraries that
> gnucash is expecting and what's on your system.  I saw a fix go in for
> this yesterday morning.

That fix relies on having goffice-dev installed which will bring in the binary
goffice code. This is then picked up by the changes to configure.in in the
same change yesterday and the entire lib/goffice snapshot is omitted from the
build.

Michael's basic problem, as Josh mentioned, is the version of libgsf-1-dev.
Anything later than 1.12.1 will break the goffice code in G2. I haven't had
1.12.1 for some months and it has dropped out of Debian so cannot be
installed (I cannot downgrade to it) so I depend on the conditional build
using external GOffice binaries and devel packages to build G2 at all.

--

Neil Williams