Compiling on Fedora Rawhide

Chris Shoemaker c.shoemaker at cox.net
Fri Oct 14 14:16:24 EDT 2005

On Fri, Oct 14, 2005 at 07:04:37PM +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> On Friday 14 October 2005 12:13 pm, Michael D. Wise wrote:
> > The second error I get is:
> >
> > gog-axis.c:1690:58: error: macro "GSF_CLASS_FULL" requires 10 arguments,
> > but only 7 given
> > gog-axis.c:1693: error: syntax error before 'GogAxisType'
>
> That's a mismatch in the underlying dependencies of the goffice code. You
> could use the conditional goffice build. Unfortunately, this doesn't yet
> provide the same functionality. I'm looking at that (but would like some
> help).
>
> Although G2 could package the dependencies of the goffice snapshot in
> lib/goffice, I'd rather see how much is involved in getting the existing code
> in src/gnome-utils to work with the external goffice libraries (which have
> been in Debian unstable for some time and will filter into other
> distributions sooner rather than later).

But will they filter into our release target?  I don't think so.

> AFAICT, the internal goffice code only compiles on FC3. Other distributions
> have later dependent libraries that break the internal snapshot.

Sounds like a bug in our configure scripts.

> These can
> (realistically) only expect to use the goffice external libraries.

Why is it unrealistic to expect all distributions to use the
internal library?

> Once
> goffice-dev is installed, gnucash will compile using that code.

Are you sure?  Is that supposed to happen?

> Personally, I don't want G2 to only have functional graphing capabilities on
> FC3 and similarly "old" distributions.

Huh?  How would that happen?

> I think we need to embrace the
> released goffice libraries, try to track the changes and get into sync with
> the evolving goffice API.

Did you see Josh's post on this topic?

<snip>

-chris