Compiling on Fedora Rawhide

micwise at bellsouth.net micwise at bellsouth.net
Fri Oct 14 12:46:28 EDT 2005

> From: Josh Sled <jsled at asynchronous.org>
> Date: 2005/10/14 Fri AM 09:44:49 CDT
> To: "Michael D. Wise" <micwise at bellsouth.net>,  gnucash-devel at gnucash.org
> CC: David Hampton <hampton-gnucash at rainbolthampton.net>
> Subject: Re: Compiling on Fedora Rawhide
>
> On Fri, 2005-10-14 at 09:57 -0400, David Hampton wrote:
> > > The second error I get is:
> > >
> > > gog-axis.c:1690:58: error: macro "GSF_CLASS_FULL" requires 10 arguments,
> > > but only 7 given
> > > gog-axis.c:1693: error: syntax error before 'GogAxisType'
> >
> > There's a mismatch between the version of the goffice libraries that
> > gnucash is expecting and what's on your system.  I saw a fix go in for
> > this yesterday morning.  When did you last update?
>
> More specifically, the "goffice" library in our source tree uses the
> 7-argument form of that libgsf-provided macro.  In libgsf-1.12.0 and .1,
> this was fine; in libgsf-1.12.2 it's the 10-argument form.  If you can
> downgrade to libgsf-1.12.1, then it should compile.

I have libgsf-1.12.3 installed.  Thats what is what has been  in rawhide since Sep 20.  I try to keep this system updated with current rawhide as a testing box.  It seems from the rest of your reply that I'll have to wait till the situation with libgoffice gets worked out before I'll be able to compile gnucash2 on it.

Michael