Painkiller: libtool link errors cause build to take twice as long

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Fri Oct 14 18:24:55 EDT 2005

On Friday 14 October 2005 9:54 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:
> What version of libtool do you have on your system?
> Also what Distro is this?

I get it on FC3 but not on OSX or Debian.

I can't comment on speed, my FC3 box is incredibly slow - it took 6 hours for
the last test build from make distclean back to make dist. It's too slow to
even attempt make doc or make check.

> (I'll note that this is why installing .la files is bad ;)

Maybe that's just FC3/4 being awkward. The .la files do make a valuable
contribution to the portability of GModule code.

Maybe those .la files are being used wrongly, they don't look like portable
modules to me.
;-)

--

Neil Williams