Pango and Debian

Didier Vidal didier-devel at 9online.fr
Sun Oct 16 07:18:58 EDT 2005

Le dim 16/10/2005 à 12:40, Neil Williams a écrit :
> On Thursday 13 October 2005 9:00 pm, Neil Williams wrote:
> > It's now fine. Problem solved. Account summary and reports are fine - no
> > pango warnings, no missing currency symbols or numbers and no funny
> > prefixes.
>
> Forget that. It's still broken.

1) If this is what I believe (message database not translated to utf-8
before display in gnome), it must be a standard Gnome2 problem, and
there must be an easy solution implemented in all the Gnome apps.
2) Changing the locale looks more like a hack to me. An application
should be able to honnor any locale
3) As a wrokaround, you can use the following patch I use (for the
reverse problem :-) ) in gnucash 1.8. Instead of removing UTF-8, add it
:-)
https://lists.gnucash.org/pipermail/gnucash-patches/2005-September/016559.html