Is there anything *enjoyable* about our development process?

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sun Oct 16 11:48:23 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-16 at 16:02 +0100, Neil Williams wrote:

> You make it sound like I'm hijacking gnucash.

I don't believe that.  I do believe you've been working at odds from
most of the other developers, making changes that others don't want
(right now) and breaking things from time to time.  This is all
frustrating.

I too want to see QOF be an external library that gnucash depends on.
But in the interest of focusing all scarce resources toward finishing
the G2 port, I think that should happen later.  I can't (and don't want
to) tell you what to do, of course ... if you want to work on QOF and
cashutil, that's great.  And I think we can find situations where
everyone gets what they're after, but it seems like this hasn't been it.

> But in time for cashutil, which also involves structural changes to the
> codebase, this would be useful. QOF spinout is required before cashutil can
> be merged into the gnucash tree.

I would like to see this happen on a branch if you're planning on doing
it before the next release.

What are those structural changes?

...jsled