Next gnucash version numbers

Conrad Canterford conrad at mail.watersprite.com.au
Sun Oct 16 19:19:04 EDT 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-16 at 13:52 -0700, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
> Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk> writes:
> > This, to me, indicates that it is a test/bugfix build only. 1.9.0 looks more
> > like a normal release.
> Lots of packages (linux, lilypond, etc) hold to the convention that an
> odd chain of releases is the development/testing line, and the even
> ones are not.  To those people, 1.9.0 looks right away like a testing
> line of releases.

That has always(1) also been the case with Gnucash. Back many years ago
though, there used to be semi-regular odd-numbered development releases
throughout the development cycle. That practice has fallen by the
wayside in the last couple of years.

(1) Where "always" in this case translates to "ever since I started
using gnucash", which was in the run-up to the release of 1.4.

Conrad