Is there anything *enjoyable* about our development process?

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Mon Oct 17 13:14:19 EDT 2005

Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk> writes:

> Not true. The code has already been released by Linas - all I'm doing is
> desperately trying to keep Gnucash in sync with an EXISTING external library
> and the simplest way of doing that is to complete the spinout.
>
> You make it sound like I'm hijacking gnucash.

Well, in a way Linas did by separating and releasing that
code prematurely.  So you're just perpetuating Linas'
mistake.

The point that Josh is trying to make is that to /GNUCASH/ the
fact that QOF exists "out there" is irrelevant, and the fact
that /YOU/ are trying to keep things in sync is not relevant
to /OUR/ development process.  You're bringing the pain to yourself,
not the other way around.