Is there anything *enjoyable* about our development process?

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Sun Oct 16 16:56:52 EDT 2005

On Sunday 16 October 2005 8:17 pm, Christian Stimming wrote:
> I was about to say the same thing as Josh: Neil, you complained about the
> "fear" that you deal with when committing code to the gnucash-gnome2-dev
> branch. Well, a few weeks ago I already proposed that your further
> conceptual changes should go to a separate branch, and at that time you
> seem not to like that idea.

Only because there is so little left to do. I've literally just been testing
the patch tonight.

> But that way, you can fearlessly commit
> everything you think the others should see, and the others can have a
> direct look on your proposals.

That's fine for cashutil - once G2 is out.

> It might be that you have several different conceptual changes in mind,

Before G2 - only one. A small reorganisation of the src/engine libraries to
make libqof available for those distributions that don't package it
separately and to use it externally wherever available. That change is
working locally and just needs to be brought back into sync with the latest
changes in G2 CVS.

> and
> from your other correspondence I gather that the one that gave the recent
> CVS trouble is almost finished now.

Yes.

> Nevertheless I really think any kind of
> "fear" about committing can be put at ease once you commit on an extra
> branch.

Yes, the description of fear was largely retrospective.

--

Neil Williams