Request for help: Distro releases and library version table

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Oct 19 12:50:34 EDT 2005

Thomas Bushnell BSG <tb at becket.net> writes:

> That's not beyond likelihood, I agree.  However, notice that already
> Debian unstable does not include all the necessary dependencies, most
> notably aqbanking.

I separate out "does not include a dependent lib" from "contains
a dependent lib too old to use".  The former is easier to deal with.
You tell the user "you'll need to build and install foolib and then
gnucash" whereas the latter means the user has to work around the
too-old lib in order to build gnucash.