Error building gnucash 1.8.12 on OpenSuSE 10.0

Christian Stimming stimming at tuhh.de
Fri Oct 21 04:08:16 EDT 2005

Rauch Christian schrieb:
> Christian Stimming schrieb:
>>> But still one question remains just for my understanding.
>>> Why is the argument --build sufficient for 1.8.11, but 1.8.12 needs
>>> all three on the same building system without any changes?
>>
>> Read my answer ;-) .  I didn't say that the difference is between
>> 1.8.11 and 1.8.12, but instead the difference is between
>> building/configuring from your rpm spec file and building by manual
>> ./configure.
>
> I read your answer and i build both from spec, not from manual ./configure.

Oka-ay. (Again you should've said that in your original question, as we
otherwise have to guess you are talking about the manual ./configure.) I
don't know. Maybe it was because of your extra rpmbuild argument
--target=i686? Maybe because the ./configure script of 1.8.11 came from
a different version of autoconf than the one of 1.8.12? Maybe you had
the command "autoreconf" in your 1.8.11 spec file? Honestly I don't
really care because the rpm spec file introduces so many extra potential
side-effects that it's quite pointless to try to track these down in
detail. It's good enough once the build is working.

Christian