Changelog - (end)

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Fri Oct 21 04:31:13 EDT 2005

On Thursday 20 October 2005 11:13 pm, David Hampton wrote:
> On Thu, 2005-10-20 at 21:55 +0100, Neil Williams wrote:
> > Check your /tmp/gnucash.trace - it looks like the directory being set for
> > the location of the gnc-backend-file library is incorrect. This is set
> > using the new file, gncla-dir.h.in made into gncla-dir.h by make. It
> > should point to the ${libdir}.
>
> Oops.  gncla-dir.h has
>   #define GNC_LIBDIR "/opt/gnucash/g2/lib/gnucash"
> While the library is here:
>   /opt/gnucash/g2/lib/libgnc-backend-file.so
>
> Do you use --opt-style-install?  I don't.

That's the crucial element. I've got a fix for your situation now. Configure
changes the value of GNC_LIBDIR according to whether opt-style-install is
enabled or not. However, this makes the variable out of sync with the real
location (which is the value ${libdir}).

Try it with the latest update.

Out of interest, why don't you use opt-style-install ?

--

Neil Williams