G2 Testing - Scheduled Transactions

Volker Englisch volker at mail.nih.gov
Mon Oct 24 02:23:13 EDT 2005

I don't know if the scheduled transactions are ready for testing since
they crash GC frequently but here are a few things I noticed:

When creating a transaction that is being created via the option "Since
Last Run" and listed in the "To Create Transaction Preparation" and I am
requested to enter a value (i.e. for a utility) clicking the Forward
button without entering the required value displays the "To Create
Transaction Preparation" window again.  However, this time the size of
the read-only register at the bottom is increased (by a few pixels).
Pressing the Forward button repeatedly increases the register each time
by the same amount.

The values for 'create NN days in advance' and 'Remind me NN days in
advance' can't be modified.  These entered values can only be turned on
or off but the number of days can not be changed.

When I have the option for the 'Since Last Run' to 'Run when data file
opened' GC appears to be crashing frequently - when clicking in the
Scheduled Transactions window; when selecting preferences, when
scrolling, etc. So far, GC only crashed for me when I was working with SX.
I also was able to crash GC when selecting the the option 'Draw
horizontal lines between cells' of the 'Register' preferences.  (I
wanted to see if this option effects the SX window and it did in two
ways. :-) )
Selecting this option while the 'Since Last Run' window is open appears
to be a certain crasher but I still need to build a good test case.

Last not least (this is not related to SX) there is a menu option Misc
--> Test available on the Accounts window.   When selected this displays
a window with the text
'testing
testing 2
Tes
tingNo pie for you!'
This option should probably get removed. :-)

--
Thanks

     Volker Englisch

mailto:Volker at Englisch.us    (h)