Switching from CVS to Subversion: test svn repo available

Adrian Simmons adrinux at gmail.com
Tue Oct 25 15:11:52 EDT 2005

Derek Atkins wrote:
> Trac also has a patch tracker, so we could use that, too.
Trac certainly looks promising, I've looked at it before, but it seemed too much
for my one-man-webdev setup.

> and even our own WWW server (even if access
> is somewhat restricted).
And it's restricted because?
Hosted in someone else's web space?

Quoting Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk>
>> I've thought about something like Drupal to do the job - it's all a
>> question of whether anyone else will get access.
Indeed, leaving the site in one persons hands is always going to be a recipe for
bit-rot, no matter how dedicated they are life will always get in the way
eventually. Certainly we can't help without access.

>> I saw Drupal at
>> Linuxworld Expo and I like it much more than any other CMS (and I've
>> tried the majority!)
This is a widely held view :)
It's not perfect by a long way, but the core is well engineered and gets better
all the time. It's certainly got all that the Gnucash site needs.

One of the plus sides of something like Drupal is the access permissions. It's a
relatively trivial task to set up a restricted set of users as editors - they
don't even need to know html to edit content.

> I can ask.  I know he's been really really busy..  He might be
> amenable to some CVS/SVN push into the web server..  I don't know.
Something like
http://www.goshaky.com/goshaky-distfiles/svn2rss/
might be useful once SVN is in use - and rss feed of svn commits.

--
adrinux (aka Adrian Simmons) <http://adrinux.perlucida.com>
e-mail <mailto:adrinux at gmail.com>
AOL/Yahoo IM: perlucida, Microsoft: adrian at perlucida.com