Switching from CVS to Subversion: test svn repo available

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Oct 25 10:50:53 EDT 2005

Quoting Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk>:

> Adrian Simmons wrote:
> | Neil Williams wrote:
> |
> |> 4. Has anyone seriously considered using the SourceForge project more?
> |
> | Personally I find SF painfully slow and clunky.
>
> A slow site is better than a closed site!
> :-)

SF goes down way too often.  SF is /unsuable/ way too often.  IMHO
using them for downloads is okay, but anything else is just too painful.
I've tried.

We have bugzilla..  We just need to use it more.
Once we get SVN we've talked about using Trac to watch the diffs.
Trac also has a patch tracker, so we could use that, too.

But no, I see no reason to use SF more.  We already have our own
CVS/SVN and email servers, and even our own WWW server (even if access
is somewhat restricted).

> I've thought about something like Drupal to do the job - it's all a
> question of whether anyone else will get access. I saw Drupal at
> Linuxworld Expo and I like it much more than any other CMS (and I've
> tried the majority!)
>
> Derek - can we arrange something with Linas?

I can ask.  I know he's been really really busy..  He might be
amenable to some CVS/SVN push into the web server..  I don't know.