Switching from CVS to Subversion: test svn repo available

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sun Oct 30 14:15:37 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 20:01 +0100, Didier Vidal wrote:
> I've always wondered why the commits are systematically sent to
> gnucash-patches... This results in noise and an additional chance to
> forget or loose patches (since no dedicated tool exists to manage them).
>
> Why not just sending the patches, the patches acknowledgments and the
> patches commits to gnucash-patches ?

I guess there's an argument for minimizing mailing-list management...
but I could certainly see having 3 lists:

- gnucash-patches (manual patch submission + ack + discuss)
- gnucash-changes (commit notification, w/ diffs)
- gnucash-commits (commit notification, w/o diffs)

Or, optionally, only the first 2.

...jsled