FW: Re: Doxygen performance issues

Stewart V. Wright svwright.lists at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 16:15:48 EST 2005

----- Forwarded message from Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk> -----

> > My FC3 box is running v1.4.4 currently.  I notice that the latest
> > release is 1.4.5
>
> Correct. That's what I'm using on Debian unstable. There are number of new
> options from 1.4.4 to 1.4.5.

So is there a consensus in the devs WRT what version of doxygen we are
aiming for?

> You haven't tried to build "cd src/doc/ && make doc" yet?

Yup, didn't take too long and didn't crash my machine.  You must have
a REALLY underpowered setup!  ;-)  I have "time"ed a "make doc" and
from a clean autogen.sh run on my directory, I get the following...

real    1m53.387s
user    1m31.535s
sys     0m5.951s

I'm really surprised you are having problems with doxygen, I honestly
don't see anything that is vaguely necessitating any changes.  By that
I mean "make doc" is relatively fast and there are no obvious errors.
Are you sure you haven't done something to cause your doxygen to play
up?

> Patch for src/doc/doxygen.cfg.in is attached.

I'll apply it when it becomes clear to me what version of doxygen
we/you/the collective will of the devs are talking about.

Cheers,

S.