Mailing List Options [was Re: Switching...]

Stewart V. Wright svwright.lists at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 19:30:10 EST 2005

G'day Josh,

* Josh Sled <jsled at asynchronous.org> [051030 18:21]:
> >   X  -changes should go to -devel.
> >      * Any commited change might generate discussion.
> >      * Again, hard to know before; hard to move after.
> >      * Again, anyone on -devel should be willing to see commits.
>
> I can imagine a large class of -devel subscribers that would be put off
> by being forced into receiving every commit and its diff.  Certainly

I strongly concur with this.  I guess that there are a number of us
lurking on the -devel list either just out of interest or waiting to
see if we can assist at some level that matches our coding/time
constraints.

I suspect that a lot of us will just unsubscribe and then what little
developer base there exists will really shrink.  Few, if any testers
are going to want to read the diffs.  I know (currently) I don't.

Cheers,

S.