G2 Testing - Gnucash Preferences

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Sun Oct 30 20:03:57 EST 2005

On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 12:41 -0500, Volker Englisch wrote:
> David Hampton wrote:
> >>    The default value for "Register lines" is set to 2.  I think this
> >>    value should be increased to display at least 3 lines in the
> >>    Scheduled Transaction Editor.
> >

> > I see this as a default of 6 lines in the code.  If you remove the
> > ~/.gconf/apps/gnucash directory, restart gconf with 'gconftool-2
> > --shutdown', and then start gnucash do you still see a value of 2?
> >

> I did this and found out that the default is actually set to '1' on my
> build.  It must have already been updated since I build/updated my copy
> of GC last time.  I'll create a new build soon and will then retest this
> the and the gconf druid as well.

It's unclear after trying a few different vaules that it actually has
the desired visual effect, right now.  The value is being saved/loaded
at the preferences/gconf/sx-dialog correctly, just not affecting the
window layout/sizing.

> While I was looking at this I noticed something else.
> When you enter a split with the same Memo as the previous split the
> account is populated when tabbing to the account field.  However, the
> account is not an existing account at all.  It's just an account ID.
> I searched my data file for the account ID displayed but I couldn't find
> it.
>    Sample:  http://www.englisch.us/~volker/G2_Testing/SXAccount.jpg

This has been a problem since 1.8, but I'd never really gotten it
reproducible.  This is nicely reproducible; thanks.

...jsled