G2 Testing - Gnucash Preferences

Volker Englisch Volker at englisch.us
Sun Oct 30 12:41:49 EST 2005

David Hampton wrote:
>>    The default value for "Register lines" is set to 2.  I think this
>>    value should be increased to display at least 3 lines in the
>>    Scheduled Transaction Editor.
>

> I see this as a default of 6 lines in the code.  If you remove the
> ~/.gconf/apps/gnucash directory, restart gconf with 'gconftool-2
> --shutdown', and then start gnucash do you still see a value of 2?

I did this and found out that the default is actually set to '1' on my
build.  It must have already been updated since I build/updated my copy
of GC last time.  I'll create a new build soon and will then retest this
the and the gconf druid as well.

While I was looking at this I noticed something else.
When you enter a split with the same Memo as the previous split the
account is populated when tabbing to the account field.  However, the
account is not an existing account at all.  It's just an account ID.
I searched my data file for the account ID displayed but I couldn't find
it.
   Sample:  http://www.englisch.us/~volker/G2_Testing/SXAccount.jpg

--
Thanks