Proposal: CVS -> SVN switchover: Nov 6th, hopefully

Josh Sled jsled at asynchronous.org
Mon Oct 31 11:55:14 EST 2005

After coordinating with David Hampton last night, he's hopeful to have
the G2 -> HEAD merge done by this coming weekend of Nov 5/6th.  As such,
I intend to do the CVS -> SVN repository migration this coming weekend
as well.

  Proposal: On Sunday November 6th we will switch from CVS to SVN.

  IF YOU HAVE ANY UN-COMMITTED STATE, YOU MAY WANT TO CHECK IT IN ASAP.

Certainly if you're unable or unwilling to commit your changes, you can
generate a unified diff with CVS, checkout the tree with SVN, and apply
the diff to the new tree... but you should be aware that you'll need to
do this.

As there is an element of uncertainty in the G2 -> HEAD branch collapse,
this MIGHT NOT OCCUR.  But, hopefully, it will all come together.  If it
does not occur this weekend, we'll try for next weekend, Nov 12/13th.

As well, there's still a couple of configuration items to resolve:

- Branch/tag Naming: it seems like a rename ["gnucash-1-6-branch" ->
  "gnucash/branches/1.6"] is reasonable.  Last-minute objections?

- Mailing Lists: I'd before said that the non-diff mailing list might
  go away, but now I'm leaning toward mirroring the current
  mailing-list configuration exactly.  Note that this has nothing to do
  with the other mailing-list discussion, we can change things later...
  for the moment, I just want parity with what we have now for
  simplicity.

...jsled