CVS, Oct 30, Build errors on x86_64

Karl Hegbloom hegbloom at pdx.edu
Mon Oct 31 12:45:11 EST 2005

On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 09:00 -0500, Josh Sled wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-10-30 at 23:36 -0800, Karl Hegbloom wrote:
> > I won't have time to try and fix these; I'm way behind on my Mathematics
> > homework and should really be working on that instead...
> >
> > Hope this helps.  Do yous have an AMD64 to test compile on?
>
> Only vicariously through souls like yourself... :)
>
> ...but the issue here isn't x86_64 specific: the GSF_CLASS_FULL macro
> errors in the lib/goffice/ code are due to a macro signature difference
> in <=libgsf-1.12.1 and >=libgsf-1.12.2.
>
> Neil Williams had put in a check re: libgoffice / libgsf to work around
> this on his Debian Unstable box.  What system-installed versions of
> libgsf and libgoffice do you have?

libgsf-1-dev       1.12.3-3ubuntu3
libgsf-gnome-1-dev 1.12.3-3ubuntu3

libgoffice-1-dev was not installed at all.  I just installed version
0.0.4-1, also from Ubuntu.

I don't know how it was able to finish 'configure' and compile as much
as it did if it requires libgoffice.  Perhaps a 'configure.in' check for
that is not present?  It probably would fail to link without it.

--
Karl Hegbloom <hegbloom at pdx.edu>