CVS, Oct 30, Build errors on x86_64

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Mon Oct 31 14:02:50 EST 2005

On Monday 31 October 2005 5:45 pm, Karl Hegbloom wrote:
> > ...but the issue here isn't x86_64 specific: the GSF_CLASS_FULL macro
> > errors in the lib/goffice/ code are due to a macro signature difference
> > in <=libgsf-1.12.1 and >=libgsf-1.12.2.
> >
> > Neil Williams had put in a check re: libgoffice / libgsf to work around
> > this on his Debian Unstable box.  What system-installed versions of
> > libgsf and libgoffice do you have?
>
> libgsf-1-dev       1.12.3-3ubuntu3
> libgsf-gnome-1-dev 1.12.3-3ubuntu3
>
> libgoffice-1-dev was not installed at all.  I just installed version
> 0.0.4-1, also from Ubuntu.

With goffice 0.0.4 installed, G2 will omit the internal goffice code and
bypass the macro problem.

> I don't know how it was able to finish 'configure' and compile as much
> as it did if it requires libgoffice.  Perhaps a 'configure.in' check for
> that is not present?  It probably would fail to link without it.

I still need to update configure.in to prompt for goffice if libgsf-1 >=
1.12.2 but it's best to get the G2 branch merged into HEAD and the change to
SVN before I go tweaking configure.in again.

--

Neil Williams