gnome2 gnucash in Debian experimental

Thomas Bushnell BSG tb at becket.net
Fri Sep 2 12:56:03 EDT 2005

Neil Williams <linux at codehelp.co.uk> writes:

> On Friday 02 September 2005 5:33 pm, Thomas Bushnell BSG wrote:
>> I have received indications from some people that they would
>> appreciate having the gnome2 gnucash in Debian experimental (*not* in
>> unstable).  I'm inclined to agree.  Questions/concerns?
>
> I'd agree (as Debian unstable user) - I have significant problems with the
> g-wrap package and GnuCash.
>
> What is then needed to go from experimental to unstable / testing?

To put it in unstable would require Derek or whoever saying it's
suitable for beta test.  Thus far, they have been relucant to say
that, and I trust their judgment.

I would not expect that the experimental version would have *fewer*
problems than the one in unstable; I would expect more.

Are there unreported bugs against the version in unstable that you
haven't been reporting?

Thomas