Compiling source with new code.

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Tue Sep 6 09:40:35 EDT 2005

Do you want to add a new source file or add code to an existing
source file?  If the former than you need to modify Makefile.am,
rerun autogen.sh (to get Automake to run), rerun configure, and
then rebuild.  If the latter, then just change the source file
in question and rebuild.

If you're running from CVS and have followed the instructions from
README.cvs and HACKING, then you don't need to manually rerun
autogen...  --enable-maintainer-mode will set up the build system so
if you modify Makefile.am the Makefile will automatically get rebuilt.

Good Luck,

-derek

PS: Keep in mind that the existing PG backend is being re-written...
I wouldn't depend on the existing code staying the way it is.