gnc-trace module numbers

Neil Williams linux at codehelp.co.uk
Thu Sep 29 09:39:19 EDT 2005

On Thursday 29 September 2005 1:17 pm, Derek Atkins wrote:
> > That's what I can't find - how to tell the scheme to accept a gchar
> > instead of
> > an int for gnc_set_log_level.

gnc_set_log_level, not gnc_set_log_level_global.

> Did you even look at gw-engine-spec.scm?  Look for "gnc_set_log_level".

Yes.

$ find . -name gw-engine-spec.scm
./src/engine/gw-engine-spec.scm

src/engine$ grep gnc_set_log_level gw-engine-spec.scm
 "gnc_set_log_level_global"

So I presume there is no gnc_set_log_level in the Scheme, only
gnc_set_log_level_global - which doesn't need to be changed because it only
accepts the one parameter, the level. Somehow I thought the command line
allowed you to set which log_modules would be set to the specified level.
Sorry to confuse things. No changes needed.

The command line option will simply change the level of logging for whichever
log_modules are enabled at compile time. In gnc-engine.c I'm setting:

  gnc_set_log_level(GNC_MOD_ENGINE, GNC_LOG_WARNING);
  gnc_set_log_level(GNC_MOD_IO, GNC_LOG_WARNING);
  gnc_set_log_level(GNC_MOD_GUI, GNC_LOG_WARNING);

plus the default QOF log_modules set internally in QOF.

Others, like GNC_MOD_BUSINESS or GNC_MOD_IMPORT can be enabled by those
sections themselves during whatever init process they require.

The main list of GNC log_modules will be in gnc-engine.h and others can be
defined elsewhere if appropriate.

--

Neil Williams