Display order of accounts

Didier Vidal didier-devel at 9online.fr
Sun Sep 25 17:44:47 EDT 2005

In gnucash g2, you can sort accounts according to many criteria (name,
description, value). That looks cool, but there is a problem: if you try
to sort by 'type', you have
Asset
Equity
Expenses
Income
Liability

(that's in english, in french, the order is different, but no more
logical)

In Gnucash 1.8, you have the following order, that makes sense:
Asset
Liability

Expenses&Income

Equity

I'm not sure there is a way to reproduce this in gnucash-g2... (unless
you hack 'Description' to produce the order you want :-( )
I tried the account pages, that might be a good way to separate
Asset&Liability from Expense&Income, but i couldn't find any way to
filter accounts visible on a page. Anyway, I got use to gnucash 1.1.8
view of all accounts on one screen, and I'd like to be able to reproduce
it in gnucash g2.

Didier Vidal.