GnuCash Concept Guide

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Fri Apr 7 10:44:58 EDT 2006

David Grant <david.grant at telus.net> writes:

> But why do you even need docbook in the first place? Why not just use
> mediawiki?

Two words: "Printable Copy".  We want to be able to have a source that
allows us to put it on the web OR turn it into a PDF for printing.
A mediawiki-only solution doesn't provide the latter.

> I definitely recommend putting all the documentation in some form of
> wiki or drupal form so that anyone can edit pages easily.

It's all in SVN.  Anyone can edit the pages easily.  It just requires
more priviledge to actually change the shared copy.  ;)