GnuCash Concept Guide

Chris Lyttle chris at wilddev.net
Tue Apr 11 00:41:07 EDT 2006

As the maintainer of the GnuCash documentation let me make a statement
here. First, I have no problems with people editing the docs in a wiki
or whatever makes it easier to actually write content.
However, I would then put myself in an editorial role and decide what
would make it from there into the actual offline docs and add the
required docbook to make that happen. The docbook tags to me btw are the
easiest bit, I find it really difficult to get good quality content to add.
That being said, we could end up in a situation where the definitive
docs are what is distributed and any 'extra' help is online on the Wiki,
which isn't too unusual in OSS software but just to let you know how it
would go if you wanted to pursue editing docs on a Wiki. There would
never be a situation in my mind where the online version would replace
the offline docs as the primary and definitive version. This afaik in
the default situation for almost all gnome docs.
Having someone like Jon who could do both was a boon to me (he basically
did the concepts guide, where I did the main help) but its not necessary
to me to have the same person writing content as writing docbook tags.

Chris