sourceforge anonymous CVS currently broken

Andrew Duggan cmkrnl at speakeasy.net
Sat Apr 8 11:29:03 EDT 2006

Hi,

Christian Stimming wrote:
> Hi,
>
> the fundamental decision here has been debated by several developers here
> several times. BUT:

Sorry - I don't want you all to revisit that again!

> *Today* I guess your problem is simply that sourceforge's *anonymous* CVS has
> unexpected problems. Their site status http://sourceforge.net/docs/A04/ says
> that although the *developer* CVS is up and running, the *anonymous* CVS
> stopped updating at the CVS status approx. 10 days ago.
>
> Sourceforge always had a synchronisation delay between developer CVS and
> anonymous CVS, which usually was around 5 hours. However, due to some massive
> hardware failure last week (dunno -- maybe their server burnt down),
> developer CVS after several days (!) of outage is now running again but they
> didn't enable that synchronisation between developer and anonymous CVS again.

Yep, anonymous cvs.   Thanks, didn't know about the recent problem. I had
noticed the ~5 hour delay in the past, which has been no big deal.

> On gnucash.org, there is no such delay between developer and anonymous CVS.

Guess I've been spoiled by that in general.

> effect, until sourceforge's anonymous CVS is running again, you should either
> download a released tarball from qof.sourceforge.net, or use the QOF from
> gnucash.org, but not use the anonymous CVS of sourceforge.

Well I'll see how I can do updating my qof tree from the gnucash's
lib/libqof and see if I can get my qof to build, if not, I guess I'll just
wait until 0.6.4 is released on the 17th.

Thanks for the info!

Andrew