Modify Chapter 8

David Herman dvherman at gmail.com
Wed Apr 12 16:22:59 EDT 2006

On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 16:10 +0900, Bengt Thuree wrote:
> Hi
>
> Some small comments.
>
> 1) update-finance-quote has been renamed to "gnc-fq-update"
> 2) Add that for ubuntu (and other systems that require SUDO) you need to
> give the command with "sudo gnc-fq-update"
> 3) Clarify how to get the quotes automatically by using cron.
>    Lots of questions regarding what gnucash.xac is? Clarify with syntax,
>    and sample.

I disagree - the discussion of file naming, recovery, backup (all files
not just the GnuCash xml file) belong in either the chapter "basics" (2)
or an appendix referred to wherever addition comments about files is an
issue.

I created a single HTML file then ran ti through OpenOffice to create a
PDF file - nearly 200 pages (included "most" of the images).  Are "we"
creating a "tome" that will contain almost all the information that a
user needs - but will never read? for sure never print!

How about priorities - should the highest priority be to update what
exists with; new screen-shots, correcting reports issues, new
features/reports.  Then make additions when the Guide is ready for 2.0?

Dave