Modify Chapter 8

Derek Atkins warlord at MIT.EDU
Wed Apr 12 16:38:19 EDT 2006

Quoting David Herman <dvherman at gmail.com>:

> I created a single HTML file then ran ti through OpenOffice to create a
> PDF file - nearly 200 pages (included "most" of the images).  Are "we"
> creating a "tome" that will contain almost all the information that a
> user needs - but will never read? for sure never print!

I know that historically people HAVE wanted to print the docs.
People also want an offline view capability and seem to prefer PDF.

> How about priorities - should the highest priority be to update what
> exists with; new screen-shots, correcting reports issues, new
> features/reports.  Then make additions when the Guide is ready for 2.0?

My $0.02 about priorities:

1) update screenshots
2) correct the changes from 1.8->2.0 (e.g. name changes, menu changes, etc)
3) correct report issues
4) document new features

we should release the docs, however far we've got, when we release 2.0...
and the we can make more doc releases as we get more content.  We do
not need to lockstep doc releases with source releases -- we can release
the docs more (or less) frequently.