Modify Chapter 8

Bengt Thuree bengt at thuree.com
Wed Apr 12 19:35:54 EDT 2006

On Wed, 2006-04-12 at 14:22 -0600, David Herman wrote:
> On Tue, 2006-04-11 at 16:10 +0900, Bengt Thuree wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > Some small comments.
> >
> > 1) update-finance-quote has been renamed to "gnc-fq-update"
> > 2) Add that for ubuntu (and other systems that require SUDO) you need to
> > give the command with "sudo gnc-fq-update"
> > 3) Clarify how to get the quotes automatically by using cron.
> >    Lots of questions regarding what gnucash.xac is? Clarify with syntax,
> >    and sample.
> >

> I disagree - the discussion of file naming, recovery, backup (all files
> not just the GnuCash xml file) belong in either the chapter "basics" (2)
> or an appendix referred to wherever addition comments about files is an
> issue.

True.
But I still have seen at least 3 questions on how to get online quotes
from cron tab, and people do not have a clue of what the gnucash.xac is.
I still think this part can be clarified in chapter 8. Clarified, not
detailed...

Then again, this part in Chapter 8, should more or less belong in the
installation part of the guide. It also explains how to install the F:Q
package.

/Bengt