splash screen

Fabien COELHO fabien at coelho.net
Sat Apr 15 09:06:07 EDT 2006

Dear Geert,

>>> I would like to offer a "new" splash screen nonetheless. If you've got
>>> the time of day and are remotely interested, check out
>>> www.spiffykitty.com/gnucashsplash for variations on your current flying
>>> window's theme.
>>
>> Here are my two euro-cents comments:
>>
>> Do you plan to localize the splashscreen so that it displays something
>> other that a USA one dollar bill? It happens that this is not the money of
>> around 6 billion people out there;-) Also, the "dollar-green" color does
>> not mean money everywhere.
>>
> I have to admit that was one of my first thoughts also. I wonder if there is a
> more universal symbol for money. A pile of gold coins maybe ?

Possibly. More like treasure.

> Another typical accounting symbol that comes to mind is the abaccus. Maybe a
> clever variation on it could also serve as decoration.

I've tried "accounting" on google images. Some ideas found there :

  - figures and pen and pocket calculator.
  - a patchwork of bank bills from all over the world.
  - symbols of moneys, such as dollar, pound, euro, yen...
  - colorful charts
  - columns and columns of figures
  - the picture of a small gray guy, with a moustache and spectacles,
    who really looks like an accountant;-) (this is a joke)

I'm not a graphical person, so I'm afraid I cannot help much.

--
Fabien